The easiest 30-min lasagna made in a single pot – no boiling, no layering, nothing – the pasta gets cooked right in the pan!
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
Total time: 30 Min, Prep time: 10 Min, Cook time: 20 Min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan until well combined. Using a small cookie scoop, top with dollops of ricotta and cover until heated through, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.