Total Time: 30 mins,Prep time: Cook time: 25 mins, Serves 4-6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water (or more broth)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots and pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add thyme and dill and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- To the saucepan, add quinoa, olives and sun dried tomatoes. Stir continuously for 15 – 30 seconds. Add liquids, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach and chickpeas. Let sit for a few minutes to allow spinach time to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.