Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (or meat/meat-alternative of your choice, I used 93% lean ground turkey)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 cups greens of your choice (I used spinach, but any spinach/kale/etc. mix will work)
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 Tbsp high heat oil like avocado or canola oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped for garnish
- In a large pan with a small amount of oil, lightly brown ground turkey on medium heat, mixing often and breaking into small crumbles.
- Drain excess fat from the pan.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add diced onions, and cook until onions start to get translucent, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes and taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add greens and let wilt as you stir them into the mixture.
- Cover mixture with shredded cheese until mostly melted.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve hot on its own or with flat bread, in a burrito, or in flour or corn tortillas.